We manufacture high quality foam products, taking into consideration two very important factors: the density and the hardness of the foam. These qualities are very important when manufacturing various foam products, and here’s why:
Density and Hardness
The density of the foam refers to the weight of the foam in kilograms per cubic metre, and is how we measure the quality of the foam. The higher the density of foam, the longer the foam will last. The hardness of foam products refers to its firmness and is measured by taking a standard piece of foam and recording how much pressure is needed to compress it. We manufacture from a 12 Density foam up to a 36 Density.
You can read more about the density and hardness of foam products on our FAQ page
When buying foam products from Foam Factory, you can choose between various types, including:
- Foam Blocks. Foam blocks are the most cost effective way to buy foam products, but you have to make sure that you have the right cutting tools available.
- Foam Sheets. Foam sheets can be sliced into any thickness that you may need, that's anything from 6mm to 650mm.
- Cut Foam. This is a very effective way of purchasing foam, as we can cut sizes according to your specifications.
- Moulded Foam. This is moulded to a specific form, so it’s an exceptionally high quality product.
Poly latex foam is used for top end mattresses and cushions because of its amazing quality.
- It generally has negligible height and firmness loss when exposed to heavy use due to its very high density.
- Reconstituted foam is how we recycle foam by bonding foam chips under high pressure.
- This foam is usually hard with a high density and is mainly used as a support for standard foam.
These foam products have various benefits:
- When exposed to fire, flame retardant foam won’t continue burning after flame has been removed.
- Flame retardant foams are also generally of a higher density and therefore higher quality.
- This foam conforms to your body.
- The density of this type of foam is normally very high and its unique qualities make it great in aiding circulation and preventing bed sores for bed ridden patients.
We manufacture high quality foam products, taking into consideration two very important factors: the density and the hardness of the foam. These qualities are very important when manufacturing various foam products.
Moulded foam is of exceptional quality because it is moulded into specific shapes under high pressure. This option is perfect for car and cinema seats, as well as a variety of other applications.
Moulded foam can literally be used for almost any application.
Cut foam is the most convenient way to buy foam because whatever your requirements, we can cater to your exact specifications. Foam can be cut in any shape or size you need, which means whatever you require for your specific application, Foam Factory can supply it.
This option also has the added advantage of not having to deal with scrap and waste. In addition to these cut foam sizes, we also supply loose chips and bolsters.
Foam sheets are ideal for a variety of uses and we can provide you with sheets cut into specific thicknesses for your unique needs. Our foam sheets can be sliced into any thickness that you may need, which includes anything from 6 mm to 650 mm. Foam sheets can be used for anything from mattresses to insulation and shock absorption.
The density of the foam will determine its quality and we can provide a variety of densities when it comes to foam. This means we can provide you with sheets cut into specific thicknesses and with various density as needed.
Foam blocks are the most cost-effective way you can buy foam. However, make sure that you have the right cutting equipment if you decide to go for this option.
Foam blocks are ideal for a variety of applications, with everything from lounge suite manufacture, to office chair manufacturing. It’s a very versatile product and we can cut these blocks to a specific thickness you need.
Foam block sizes range from 2290mm x 1910mm x 720mm to 2290mm x 1910mm x 1200mm